The Union Ministry of Setting, Forests and Local weather Change on February 11, 2019 signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) with the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs to launch the ‘India-Norway Marine Air pollution Initiative’.
The Joint Initiative was signed by Nils Ragnar Kamsvag, Norwegian Ambassador to India and Anil Kumar Jain, More Secretary in the Union Ministry of Natural environment, Forest and Weather Alter.
MoU signed all through Norwegian PM Erna Solberg’s take a look at to India in January 2019
The launch of the initiative arrived after the Indian and Norwegian governments signed an MoU to build the ‘India-Norway Ocean Dialogue’ during the Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg’s go to to India in January 2019.
A Joint Job Drive on Blue Financial system was also proven under the aegis of the MoU to promote multi-sectoral cooperation in various features of Blue Financial state.
The undertaking pressure includes of government officers, scientists and professionals. It was tasked to develop sustainable remedies within strategic spots of the blue economy, this sort of as maritime and maritime sector in addition to electrical power sector.
Observe: Blue Economic system can be described as ‘sustainable use of ocean methods for economic growth, enhanced livelihoods and greater ocean ecosystem health’. The Blue Financial state includes various things to do these kinds of as fisheries, marine transportation, waste administration, tourism, climate change, etcetera.
India-Norway Maritime Pollution Initiative
• The India-Norway Marine Air pollution Initiative will overcome maritime air pollution, which is one particular of the swiftest increasing environmental considerations.
• Norway and India will share activities, competence and collaborate on endeavours to build thoroughly clean and healthful oceans.
• The two the sides will jointly collaborate for sustainable use of ocean resources and advancement in the blue economic climate.
• By way of a vary of implementing partners, this initiative will seek to guidance regional governments in implementing sustainable waste administration practices, establish devices for gathering and analysing information and facts about sources and scope of maritime air pollution.
• They will also do the job to seaside thoroughly clean-up initiatives, consciousness boosting campaigns and pilot job utilizing plastic waste as gas substitution for coal in cement creation.