The very first batch of four Boeing significant-carry Chinook Helicopters, CH-47F (I), arrived at the Mundra airport in Gujarat on February 10, 2019.
Procured from the United States, the Chinook Helicopters are predicted to offer impetus to the major-elevate abilities of Indian Air Force (IAF) and reinforce the defence ties with the United States.
Produced by Boeing, the CH-47F (I) will be stationed at Chandigarh air foundation of the Indian Air Force. The Chandigarh air foundation takes care of furnishing required products to Siachen and Eastern Ladakh sectors.
The Indian Air Pressure is at the moment applying Mi-17 and Mi-26 helicopters, which were created by Russia.
• The CH-47F (I) Chinook is an state-of-the-art multi-mission helicopter that will provide unmatched strategic airlift functionality to the Indian armed forces across the comprehensive spectrum of battle missions.
• With ability of carrying all around 10 tonnes of load, these helicopters are majorly employed for artillery, battlefield resupply and transportation of troops.
• These are also utilized for humanitarian and catastrophe reduction functions these as transportation of reduction supplies and mass evacuation of refugees.
• Chinooks have a distinctive twin engine and tandem rotor design and style, a person of the most visibly recognised symbols of the American armed forces.
• The Chinook helicopter is employed by 18 other defence forces all around the earth.
India’s procurement of Chinook Helicopters from US
Indian govt has now spent USD 3 billion to acquire 15 Chinook and 22 Apache attack helicopters. India also has the possibility to get six additional Apaches, previously accredited by the United States.
India signed a USD 3 billion deal with the US in September 2015 for the obtain of 15 Chinook hefty elevate and 22 AH-64E Apache attack helicopters.
In Oct 2018, 4 pilots and 4 flight engineers of IAF were being properly trained by Boeing for operating Chinook helicopters. The pilots and flight engineers were being experienced in Delaware United states of america.
On February 2, 2019, India was formally handed around first of the Chinook helicopters in the course of ‘India-Chinook Transfer Ceremony’ at Boeing’s facility in Philadelphia. The handover took put in the presence of Indian ambassador to US, Severe Shringla.