4 February to 10 February 2019: The Existing Affairs Quizzes segment of Jagranjosh aims to enable every aggressive examination aspirant to revise at relieve. The week’s updated quizzes include the subjects like FDI norms for the e-commerce sector, Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog and Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana among some others.
1. Which two corporations alongside one another shed a marketplace capitalisation of USD 50 billion on February 1, 2019 following the new FDI norms for the e-commerce sector arrived into effect in India?
a) Amazon and Walmart
b) Walmart and Flipkart
c) Flipkart and Myntra
d) Myntra and Jabong
2. ISRO has set up the Human Space Flight Centre for Gaganyaan mission in which city?
d) New Delhi
3. President Donald Trump and North Korean chief Kim Jong Un will keep the second summit in which country?
b) South Korea
4. The governing administration has decided to set up Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog for the welfare of which animal?
5. Which country signed an accord to turn out to be the 30th member of the US-led NATO on February 6, 2019?
6. Which condition has declared forcing women to undergo virginity examination as a punishable offence?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
7. Underneath the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana for the farmers, how considerably cash flow aid will be delivered in a calendar year?
a) Rs 8000
b) Rs 5000
c) Rs 6000
d) Rs 9000
8. Germany, France and the United Kingdom have officially established up a payment channel referred to as INSTEX with which state?
9. As for each Sixth Bi-regular Monetary Policy Assertion 2018-19, RBI mounted the coverage Repo Rate at what p.c?
10. What was India’s rank in the 2019 Worldwide Intellectual Property (IP) Index?
1. (a) Amazon and Walmart
As the shares of Amazon and Walmart dropped 5 percent and 2 p.c, respectively, both equally the firms together shed a market capitalisation of USD 50 billion on February 1, 2019. The tumble in stock charges can be attributed to disruption brought about in their e-commerce operations in India right after introduction of the new Overseas Immediate Financial investment (FDI) norms for the e-commerce sector arrived into impact.
2. (a) Bengaluru
The Indian Place Exploration Organisation (ISRO) on January 31, 2019 unveiled its Human Place Flight Centre (HSFC) at ISRO Headquarter campus in Bengaluru, Karnataka for its maiden manned room mission ‘Gaganyaan’. The area centre shall be responsible for implementation of Gaganyaan task which entails conclude-to-close mission preparing.
3. (d) Vietnam
President Donald Trump declared on February 5, 2019 that he will hold the 2nd summit with the North Korean chief, Kim Jong Un in Vietnam on February 27-28, 2019 as part of his administration’s endeavours to denuclearise North Korea.
4. (a) Cow
The Union Governing administration has resolved to established up Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog to upscale sustainable genetic up-gradation of cow resources and to enrich production and efficiency of cows. The committee would also search into applying policies and schemes for welfare of cows. It aims to boost the production and efficiency cows.
5. (b) Macedonia
Macedonia on February 6, 2019 signed an accord to sign up for NATO to develop into the 30th member of the US-led alliance. The Macedonia-NATO accord follows a offer with Greece ending a 27-12 months-previous dispute around Macedonia’s identify. The accord will have to now be ratified by allied governments
6. (c) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra government on February 6, 2019 introduced that it will before long make forcing a lady to endure virginity test a punishable offence. The demeaning personalized is allegedly followed in the Kanjarbhat community between others, whereby a freshly-wed female has to establish that she was virgin prior to the marriage. Some youths from the local community have launched an on the web marketing campaign towards it.
7. (c) Rs 6000
Less than the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (KISAN), the susceptible farmers, who personal all over 2 hectares of land, will get immediate profits assistance of Rs 6000 for every 12 months. The income guidance will be transferred specifically to the account of the beneficiary farmer in 3 equivalent installments of Rs 2000 each. It would be thoroughly funded by the Federal government of India.
8. (d) Iran
Germany, France and the British isles have formally established up a payment channel with Iran named INSTEX to assistance proceed trade and stay away from US sanctions. The prolonged-awaited particular payment system will enable help you save the Iran nuclear offer by allowing Tehran to continue to keep buying and selling with EU businesses irrespective of Washington re-imposing sanctions following US President Donald Trump had give up the accord in 2018.
9. (b) 6.25
The Reserve Bank of India in its Sixth Bi-regular Monetary Plan Statement 2018-19 diminished Repo Charge by 25 foundation points to 6.25 percent. RBI’s six-member Monetary Coverage Committee also brought down Reverse Repo Rate to 6 percent.
10. (a) 36th
India climbed 8 destinations to rank 36th in the 2019 Global Mental House (IP) Index introduced by the US Chambers of Commerce. In 2018, India was ranked 44 out of 50 nations.